Monday, September 3, 2012

Wei (Hello)


Wei (Hello),
 
Sorry it has taken me so long to post but I don't have total internet access yet.  I only have access to my Chinese computer, ,which is very, very restricted, so I had to send this to my daughter so she can post for me as I can only see my blog but not edit or add to it (so thank you Jessie!). I hope to have full internet access on my computer by next week, hopefully, and I will be able to post regularly.
 
As for my first week in China...  It has been fantastic and overwhelming all at once.  I admit, it has been difficult not being able to communicate with anyone but I am slowly learning Chinese.  I am proud to say I can now order my own food!  Wo yao niu roe mian (I want beef and noodles)!  I was also able to tell my building superintendent that my shower head was broken (in Chinese) and she must have understood me because a few hours later she knocked on my door with a new one to install.  Hurray for small triumphs!
 
I live on the 13th floor of an 18 story building (the tallest on campus) at Jiangxi Normal University (JXNU).  We have about 40,000 students, most of whom live on campus and the campus is huge (although considered to be mid-sized by Chinese standards)!  My view is great and each morning I get to enjoy a fireworks display.  I have a beautiful canal that runs along my apartment building and there is a path along it that I enjoy walking on.  I will post pictures once I have my computer up and running.
 
This is definitely an experience of a lifetime and I look forward to being able to post pictures and blog regularly about my Chinese adventures. 
 
Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment